- Sam Wanti has announced his presidential intention on the platform of Labour Party


- Sam Wanti has announced his presidential intention on the platform of Labour Party
- The US-based detective said he has the capacity to fight corruption
- He claimed he has the support of President Donald Trump
Sam Wanti who is an American trained detective formally attached to the Federal Bureau of Investigations FBI/K9B has declared his ambition to run for presidency in 2019.
Independent reports that Wanti who is from Imo state claimed that as one of the officially recognised 364 criminalists in the world, he had the capacity to tackle the problem of corruption.
READ ALSO: Governors meet to strategise over state police
He claimed President Donald Trump of US was aware of his political ambition and was in support.
Wanti who is running under the platform of the Labour Party (LP) vowed to reduce the capacity of corruption if elected.
He said: “I have investigated what the problems of this country are and I believe that I am the only person that can solve the problems besieging the citizenry. I am not corrupt and I have the capacity to reduce corruption if elected president next year.
“Corruption is our main problem and the truth is that when the nation is able to address corruption, the solution to other problems would be found because other problems are tied to the large scale corruption in the system. I assure that I will bring my experience and ideas to bear in solving it and if corruption is addressed, Nigeria will realize the dream of her founding fathers.
The security situation of course falls within my forte by my professional training. I am contesting because I know I have the technical know how to fix the problem of corruption and crime in the country as I am well equipped by these areas.”
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
He promised to remain focus in his ambition and that he would not step down for any presidential candidate.
NAIJ.com had reported that A former deputy governor of the CBN, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, announced on Monday, February 12, that he was consulting widely to run for the presidency in 2019.
Moghalu told political correspondents in Lagos that time had come for technocrats, intellectuals and experienced people to take power from Nigeria’s career politicians.
He said that he would not be deterred from joining the race, in spite of speculations that 2023 was the year slated for Igbos to have a shot at the presidency.
Who is Nigeria's greatest president

Comments